Location: West Midlands
Description: Experienced Contract Manager required for our niche sector civil and structural engineering solutions provider.
Salary: Exceptional package - neg dep exp + car + generous benefits package - Highly attractive
CONTRACT MANAGER West Midlands (with UK wide coverage)
£ excellent - neg dep exp + car + generous benefits
Our client has been established for almost 70 years and specialises in delivering bespoke civil and structural engineering solutions to a diverse range of customers throughout the British Isles. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Contract Manager to complement their established and professional team.
Reporting to the Operations Director and working closely with the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be tasked with the management of multiple contracts, with activities undertaken include structural concrete repairs, cathodic protection, bearing replacement and bridge jacking, slabs and civils.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include:
- The Management of Project Managers and Site Engineers and ensuring that all contract works are carried out on a professional and timely manner
- Planning of works and production of works programmes
- Procurement of Plant and Materials and the Co-ordination of Labour
- Ensuring Health and Safety information is produced in a timely manner prior to works commencing on site and that procedures are followed on site
- Ensuring Project Handover Meetings are undertaken
- Management of Minor Contract Revisions as required
- Identifying specific training needs
- Liaising with the Design Department in order to ensure contract requirements are identified and if necessary design works are instructed in a timely manner
- Attending Project Meetings with Clients as required and liaising extensively with Factory Managers to ensure Materials and Plant are manufactured and delivered as per Contract Programme
- Providing accurate records of works completed to assist the QS Department in the production of monthly valuations
- Ensuring Quality Assurance documentation is completed and followed on site and that all sub-contract valuations are checked and authorised in a timely manner
- Ensure contract job sheets are produced for use by the Marketing Department in a timely manner after site works are completed
To be considered for this exciting and varied opportunity, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate previous knowledge and experience of some, if not all of the activities covered.