Location: Birmingham - commutable from Erdington, Perry Barr, Aston, Witton, Walsall, City Centre, Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Coleshill
Description: Experienced and proactive automotive Materials Planning and Logistics Analyst required by our niche sector solutions provider.
Salary:to £30k + benefits
Our client originated more than half a century ago and are recognised as a market leader in the niche electroplating sector for supply to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors throughout the UK.
As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Materials Planner and Logistics Analyst with experience gained within the Automotive sector to complement their established and highly professional manufacturing team.
As a 1st tier supplier to many of the major automotive manufacturers, the role demands a proactive and enthusiastic approach in an often fast paced and pressurised environment, so the position is ideally suited to a similarly experienced individual with MP&L skills gained within an OEM and Tier 1 / Tier 2 automotive manufacturing arena.
Based near Birmingham and working Monday to Friday (8am to 4.30pm), the successful candidate will possess experience in working with customer EDI systems and have detailed experience of working with BOM’s assemblies and sub-contract operations, and will be tasked with performing a range of duties that will include (but not be limited to):
- Receiving customer schedules and orders and relaying accurate information to the planners to ensure on time manufacture of goods
- Managing stock levels of various components and stock taking where required
- Progress chasing throughout the process to ensure manufacture is on time, liaising with all departments
- Liaison with the logistics team to arrange shipment and draw up delivery schedules
- Supply pick lists to the warehouse and follow up to ensure the correct quantity and items are prepared for shipping
- Take ownership of various customer accounts, and support MP&L Manager where required with accounts
- Create reports for Management and production as well as various admin tasks – including entering schedules onto the system and entering information onto planning spreadsheets as required
The successful candidate will need to be able to work both as part of a team and on their own initiative and have solid experience in using automotive based MRP / ERP systems and demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills at all levels.