Location: Castle Donington, East Midlands
Description: Dynamic, motivated and energetic Shift Production team leader required by our rapidly expanding and highly successful niche FCMG client - an excellent opportunity with genuine scope to progress.
Salary: c£30k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client is a highly successful niche FMCG sector manufacturing market leader who are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, proactive and experienced Production Shift Leader to complement their established and rapidly expanding professional team that supply to customers throughout the world.
Based in the East Midlands in Castle Donington and reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will work on a weekly rotating shift pattern (6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm) and be responsible for leading a shift operation which consists of up to three production lines and a workforce of up to 40 employees, ensuring the efficient and cost-effective production of a full range of products.
You will demonstrate at least 3 years previous experience of working within a fast-paced high-volume Manufacturing / FMCG environment in a Team Leader or Supervisory capacity and will possess excellent people management, motivational and leadership skills and the ability to influence and guide teams to achieve and exceed performance targets on a consistent basis.
In addition, you will demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies, with the ability to understand production processes including some mechanical knowledge of automated special purpose machinery, materials handling and packaging equipment and the ability to assess production procedures and recommend improvements, as well as being able to adjust to changing demands to ensure that quality and production deadlines are met in a safe manner.
Other day to day responsibilities for the role will include:
- Ensuring all agreed production outputs are met in each manufacturing cell.
- Ensuring all products comply with the quality requirements of the business.
- Driving efficiency, costs, waste, safety, quality via the use of Lean Tools and Techniques and supporting and ensuring sustainability of all business development plan initiative / projects.
- Running Production or Cell meetings and reporting outputs to Senior Managers on a daily basis, so the ability to generate basic reports and understand KPI’s is essential for the position.
- Developing a skill set and interpersonal techniques to empower a multi – cultural workforce and providing clear direction, encouragement and support to the production team.
- Monitoring the volume and quality of output - and adjusting tasks, timing, equipment set up, or inputs so that production specifications are met, and resources are used efficiently.
- Complete responsibility for H&S, security, quality, cost and delivery and responsiveness requirements of the shift.