Description: Experienced aerospace "quick engine change" professionals required by our globally renowned aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul client.
Salary: to c£43k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client is recognised as the global market leader in aerospace MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) for a range of rotary and fixed wing turbine engines and components with more than 2,000 staff and 20 locations throughout the world. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit a number of experienced aerospace Technical Support Engineer professionals to complement their established and successful team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Technical Support Engineer position is tasked with providing engineering support within the engine business unit to ensure the continued efficient operation of the workshop processes and meet the high standard of engineering support services promised to customers. Key responsibilities and duties for these varied and fast paced skilled roles include:
- Preparing detailed work instructions for maintenance and repair of Lockheed Martin Quick Engine Change units, components or accessories to ensure compliance with approved maintenance data and customer requirements.
- Creating work packages within the organisation’s MRO ERP system.
- Effectively resolving technical problems beyond the scope of the product unit operations group and liaise with manufacturers where appropriate.
- Performing QEC and accessory test performance analysis and troubleshooting.
- Providing interpretation and clarification of overhaul data; producing material review board, temporary overhaul data requirement, unit build standards, and engineering BOM documentation to support repair and overhaul processes.
- Review airworthiness directives, service bulletins and manual changes to incorporate amendments into production.
- Review warranty claims and provide written and verbal technical advice for customers; produce reports relating to product serviceability, repair summaries, warranty, and failure analysis or product configuration.
- Provide technical support during the implementation of new processes; specify tools and test equipment required and assist in training.
- Advise on repair and improvement schemes together with feasibility studies.
- Support the implementation of authorised repair or improvement schemes.
- Maintain the parts master data in conjunction with Illustrated Parts Catalogue within the organisation’s MRO ERP system.
- Respond to non-conformance reports to establish or assist in determining root cause and develop corrective/preventative actions.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
To be considered for these varied and challenging positions it is essential that you demonstrate previous experience of working within an aerospace environment with competence of structural inspections and repairs and awareness and implication of the regulations and regulatory requirements of the aerospace industry.
You will possess strong organisational and analytical abilities as well as excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels and be realistically qualified to degree level or equivalent in mechanical engineering or suitable experience with aerospace structures, manufacturing and machining processes.
You will be skilled in providing advice as a subject matter expert and associated technical report creation, along with the ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings, manuals and technical instructions and with demonstrable knowledge of precision measuring instruments and of gas turbine engine and/or accessory theory and performance analysis.