Location: Telford, Shropshire
Description: Experienced and enthusiastic Quality Control Inspector required for a niche sector civil and structural engineering solutions provider.
Salary: to c£30k + car + benefits including discretionary bonus, pension and share schemes
Our client has been established for almost 70 years and specialise in delivering bespoke civil and structural engineering solutions to a diverse range of customers throughout the British Isles.
An opportunity has now arisen for the company to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Quality Control Inspector to join their established and professional team.
Reporting to the QSE Manager, the successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring quality standards are maintained across the production of bearings and other products, maintaining systems to an appropriate level to achieve this and complying with the requirements of CE Marking whilst supporting as required the quality control requirements of the Operations Department.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include:
- Inspecting bridge bearings and other construction products and their components
- Checking compliance with detail drawings for both goods inwards & final inspection
- Producing records of dimensions for CE Marking and both producing and issuing Certificates of Conformity
- Assisting in testing and producing associated test records
- Ensuring QC/QA procedures are followed
- Producing NCR’s and SIR’s when applicable
- Auditing the supply chain
- Maintaining the calibration system for all instruments and test equipment
- Providing Quality Control support to site activities where required, including carrying out inspections of materials on site or supplier premises (some travel and overnight trips required within the UK and occasionally France and Italy)
To be considered for this exciting and varied opportunity, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate previous knowledge and experience of working with BS EN ISO9001, Measurement Techniques, Engineered Steel and Shot blasting and Coatings along with the ability to read technical drawings and be IT literate in the MS Office suite of packages.