Location: South West of England - relocation package available
Description: Experienced professional procurement contracts specialist required for our globally renowned aerospace solutions provider.
Salary: £ Excellent - negotiable dependent upon experience
Before considering applying to this position, it is an ESSENTIAL requirement that candidates will either currently hold – or be able to attain - full UK MoD Security Clearance and demonstrate full eligibility to reside and work in the UK. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the immediate rejection of an application.
The successful candidate will be responsible for agreeing contracts with the supply base to acquire specific goods and services for internal and external customers on time and within budget and to the correct quality standards, and will include agreeing contracts with new suppliers, including agreement with, and support of, new terms and conditions. Critical to this role is the requirement to prioritise your work in order to discharge tasks and activities effectively to meet the needs of the business, and essentially you will conduct procurement activity in a way that optimises commercial advantage for the business and minimises risk.
• Lead negotiations with Suppliers’ decision makers to finalise and implement appropriate Contracts for the procurement of complex Equipment and /or Services.
• Achieve increased margin for the company by successfully securing cost reduction through a variety of means including agreement of preferential terms with Suppliers.
• Ensure viable plans exist to support discharging Supplier commitments under such Contracts, engaging with relevant internal specialists and thereafter to liaise with the team to ensure progress is successfully managed against such plans and in accordance with the agreed Contract conditions.
• Manage the agreement of performance targets and review the actual levels of performance of such Suppliers, instigating remedial actions for recovery as necessary.
• With the team, developing sourcing strategies and leading Supplier development activities to protect the current and future business needs of the Company, including evaluating levels of risk and identifying appropriate mitigating actions.
To be considered for this varied and challenging opportunity, you will essentially demonstrate a working knowledge of Export Controls (preferably in relation to US Legislation) and good all round communication skills, with the ability to influence internally and externally and solve problems using your own initiative or on occasion by seeking assistance. With advanced team working skills and capable of co-ordinating of some multi-functional team activity, you will be IT literate (with knowledge of SAP proving distinctly advantageous) and demonstrate relevant procurement or commercial experience. With a full driving licence and the flexibility to travel to suppliers in both the UK and overseas, you will be aware of and willing to abide by the CIPS professional code of ethics as well as relevant security and official secrecy legislation as appropriate.