Location: Castle Donington, East Midlands Airport
Description: Maintenance Team Leader required to coordinate the activities of a busy multi skilled maintenance team undertaking PPM and reactive maintenance and repair work on an array of automated sortation and materials handling equipment.
Salary: to £39,900 + pension + generous benefits
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the automated sortation and materials handling solutions sector, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth and development, they are now looking to recruit a multi discipline Maintenance Team Leader with essential Siemens PLC fault find, modification and debug experience to complement their established and successful existing team.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager and working on a shift basis based at East Midlands Airport, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the company’s site engineering and maintenance operation to ensure that the commitments of the support agreement are adhered to, and performing extensive Siemens PLC interrogation work on a range of automated sortation systems.
The site operates on a 24/7 – 365 days a year basis, and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team leader ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands. Supervising a team of shift engineers, core responsibilities for this multi skilled maintenance team leader position will include:
- Conducting extensive PLC interrogation of the various sortation and handling systems (so proven Siemens PLC control software experience is ESSENTIAL for the role)
- Conducting RCM and Condition Monitoring and predictive maintenance works (thermography, vibration analysis and lubrication analysis)
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated sortation and conveyor systems and general materials handling equipment
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the CMMS system to monitor site activity
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate at least 5 years’ experience of working on both PPM and reactive maintenance within an automation and MHE environment and will realistically be qualified to at least HNC level or above in a relevant engineering discipline.
ESSENTIALLY, you will also either currently hold or be able to attain an Airside Pass.