Location: Brecon / Powys / South Wales
Description: Experienced and enthusiastic Project Design professional with skills in the use of Inventor and AutoCad required for our established and highly successful materials handling solutions provider.
Salary: c£30k-£35k neg dep exp + generous benefits
Our client has been established for almost half a century and specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of a range of bespoke and modular automation and materials handling solutions for supply to food, pharmaceutical, distribution, recycling and baggage handling customers across the globe.
As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and highly self-motivated Project Design Engineer to generate engineering design packages in accordance with customer and business procedural requirements whilst ensuring on time and within budget delivery of multiple projects at any one time, whilst supporting the organisation’s commitment to all aspects of Continuous Improvement across the business.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the successful candidate will undertake a range of activities that will include (but not be limited to):
- Design and validate products to customer requirements, relevant design standards / codes and procedures from initial inquiry to contract completion.
- Produce design packages including engineering and manufacturing drawings, calculations, BOM’s, Operation & Maintenance Manuals
- Provide technical support for other internal and external functions
- Implement and support continuous improvement actions/projects and best practice replication throughout the company.
- Project Manage contract work from enquiry through to completion
- Monitor and report on deviations from customer and contract requirements.
- Source & Purchase project specific components
- Design, draw and engineer effective, efficient and reliable MHE solutions.
- Participate in value engineering to create cost effective product design
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and within deadlines
- Undertake site visits
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the materials handling industry
- Project engineering and project management experience
- Design engineering capabilities (2D & 3D) on AutoCAD and Inventor (2D & 3D) design software
- Excellent teamworking skills and highly experienced in dealing with internal and external customers
- A proven track record of Client project management with demonstrable experience in the facilitation and production of work scopes and programs.
- Realistically qualified to degree or equivalent level in a relevant mechanical or electrical engineering discipline
- Ideally experience gained within the materials handling sector