Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Description: Multi skilled electrically biased Maintenance Engineer required to undertake PPM and reactive breakdown maintenance and repair on an array of materials handling and automated plant and equipment.
Salary: c£30k + generous overtime + 33 days holiday + 5% matched pension contribution
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a multi skilled, electrically biased maintenance engineer to complement their existing professional team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis, and the role necessitates working on a 3 shift basis (week of mornings, week of afternoons and week of nights – 8pm to 6am, 6am to 1pm and 1pm to 9pm), and it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least ONC or above in a relevant engineering discipline and possess 17th Edition IEE regs certification.
With the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customer, it is essential that they now recruit a committed and highly professional maintenance engineer to ensure conveyors, cranes and other materials handling equipment are maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, core responsibilities for this electrically biased multi discipline shift maintenance position will include:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated crane and materials handling systems
- Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment in accordance with relevant H&S legislation
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the computerised system to monitor site activity
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated cranes and materials handling systems, and to considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification (at least HNC or above), a strong electrical background, experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team.