Location: Home based covering the North of England band across the country - Barrow / Sunderland / Hull / Leeds / Manchester / Bradford
Description: Proactive new business development and account management technical sales engineer required for an established and highly successful fastener solutions provider.
Salary: to c£33k + car + benefits - realistic OTE c£40k +
Our client has been established for almost 150 years and is a global market leader in their niche systems, fastening and assembly sector, employing more than 2,500 staff and with a presence in 28 countries around the world. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now actively seeking to recruit a dynamic, proactive and experienced Technical Sales Engineer and Business Development professional to complement their highly successful team.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the role combines proactive business development and the prospecting of new applications and sales within the UK territory with existing account and established relationship management and support across the portfolio of patented products, and achieving sales within the Northern territory in line with the targets and budgets agreed with the Management team. Activities will include (but not be limited to):
- Sales review and forecasting for periodic and annual budgets including margins
- Commercial discussions and price negotiations
- Introductions and presentations to potential customers
- Support for existing customers, including target and defined accounts
- Discussions of a technical nature with clients’ designers to achieve solutions to assembly problems
- Support at shop floor level in case of product launches, troubleshooting and quality issues
- Preparing information to enable quotations / costings to be prepared and following up enquiries, leads and opportunities
- Promotion of new innovative technical products and their ability to be multiplied
- Expansion of the existing business and acquisition of new customers
- Close communication and cooperation with the internal sales administrators
- Working on complex technical projects together with the product engineers and sales administrators
- Competitor Intelligence, support of market and customer surveys
- Effective territory planning, diarising movements and reporting customer service activities
- Attending and working at international aerospace exhibitions and customer seminars
- Occasional visits to other company locations for product support / training
- Routine visits to Head Office to support sales activities
- Realisation of technical product trainings for the clients’
- Trend scouting and product brainstorming in the framework of the Group innovation activities
- Frequent reporting of sales activities within the Group CRM system
It is envisaged that the role will be of particular interest to a technical sales engineer who demonstrates at least 5 years previous experience in a mechanical engineering environment who is looking to transition to more Sales and Applications Engineering activity, with previous experience of fastening and assembly systems proving advantageous although not essential.
As the ethos of the client is refreshingly committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality of products, despite this being portrayed as a sales role, essentially, they are seeking to identify an individual who is enthusiastic and mechanically experienced with an ability to connect with people and leverage their expertise and will willingly provide training to a suitably confident and experienced individual.