Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Description: Rare and genuinely superb opportunity for a suitably motivated, enthusiastic and capable Junior Production Planner to progress their career within a niche market leading design and manufacturing environment.
Salary: to c£28k neg dep exp + generous benefits
Our prestigious and highly successful client has been established for more than 25 years and are globally recognised as market leaders in the design and manufacture of niche UV curing systems for a range of industrial and domestic applications. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and ambitious Junior Manufacturing Resource Planner with proven purchasing and procurement experience to complement their established and professional team.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the successful candidate will be tasked with a range of duties and responsibilities that will include (but not be limited to):
* Prioritizing component deliveries with suppliers to ensure timely delivery and the achievement of required production schedules
* Running MRP reports to identify delayed deliveries and progressing these with the supplier to ensure manufacturing operations and targets remain unaffected
* Liaising with the Production team to ensure that urgent components are processed promptly and are made available to the correct staff without delay.
* Reporting issues with supplier delivery performance to the Engineering Director so that corrective action can be taken.
* Monitoring work in progress within production to ensure any component supply issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
* Providing concise reports of any component availability issues that could impact on meeting customer needs to the Production Manager.
* Supporting the spares order processing department, including generating and issuing production orders relating to spares requirements for manufacturing and expediting any shortages relating to these orders
* Monitoring the procurement email inbox and dealing with enquiries, order confirmations and quotations in a timely manner.
* Checking order acknowledgements and liaising with the Supply Chain Coordinator to communicate priorities to fulfil production and stock holding requirements.
* Assisting with special packaging requirements for complex systems as required and keeping abreast of any changes as necessary.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role within a fast paced customer focussed environment, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will realistically be currently studying for their CIPS qualifications or demonstrate relevant engineering or technical procurement qualifications along with confident communication skills at all levels and at least 2 years’ experience within a technical purchasing environment. You will demonstrate proven experience of working with an MRP system to produce purchase orders with suppliers, with skills and experience gained in the use of ERP / MRP / SAP systems proving distinctly advantageous).
With a meticulous approach to detail and good all round problem solving abilities within an often pressurised environment, as there will occasionally be a need to visit suppliers as required, a current full manual driving licence is also required for the position.
In return, a fully structured and comprehensive training programme in production (in order to fully understand the company product portfolio and materials flow and departmental interaction) is provided, along with in house ERP training as required. Due to ongoing positive and exciting developments within the business, this is an exceptional opportunity for a suitably focussed and committed individual to develop and progress their career and take on additional responsibilities associated with the entire supply chain function.