Location: Birmingham - commutable from Perry Barr, Erdington, Great Barr, Kingstanding, Aston and Witton
Description: Enthusiastic and proactive Production Planner required for a busy and highly successful niche manufacturing client.
Salary: to c£23k + benefits
Our client originated more than half a century ago and are recognised as a market leader in the niche electroplating on plastics sector for supply to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors throughout the UK.As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Production Planner to complement their established and highly professional manufacturing team.
Based near Birmingham and working Monday to Friday (8am to 4.30pm), the successful candidate will be tasked with performing a range of duties that will include (but not be limited to):
- booking in stock and raising sub-con orders, entering courier delivery details and generating associated labels and booking out deliveries and creating delivery notes as required
- overseeing customer schedules /stock / production control / mouldings /3rd part components required etc and maintaining an awareness of customer schedules packaging / booking / manifests creation / re-packing procedures
- downloading customer box labels from the Portal and creating production tickets and box labels for the mould shop, whilst maintaining the tool locations log and entering information onto production tickets.
- Monitoring new jobs and updating production tickets with relevant information whilst establishing box counts and creating the correct quantity of labels for sub-con parts
- Printing and collating customer manifests and raising sales orders onto the computer system and entering information onto the spreadsheets as required
- Performing Stock checks as required and Audit checking deliveries and Progress chasing as required
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate skills and experience in the use of MRP systems and in the creation of Bills of Materials within a busy production environment.