Location: Milton Keynes
Description: Experienced degree qualified automotive development professional required to deliver bespoke powertrain solution projects.
Salary: £££ extremely competitive and negotiable dependent upon experience
Our client has been established for almost 20 years and in this time has become recognised as a market leader in the design and manufacture of cutting edge innovative electric propulsion systems for supply across the globe. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and highly self-motivated Development Engineer to complement their focussed and professional Development Team.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the successful candidate will be tasked with both the development and delivery of bespoke powertrain systems for a range of applications in line with functional, cost, quality and operational requirements within strict budgetary and timescale constraints.
Core responsibilities for the role will include (but not be limited to):
• Assessing project requirements in accordance with agreed timescales and specifications and creating and maintaining detailed project plans
• Developing and implementing test procedures and interpreting and analysing results and data before creating accurate and detailed reports and associated documentation
• Working closely with fellow design, production and manufacturing engineers and providing technical advice and support as required, and liaising closely with clients regarding any technical issues as necessary
• Supervising and inspecting the installations/ modifications and commissioning of mechanical systems at client facilities (driving license essential)
• Investigating mechanical failures or technical issues and managing and coordinating a “concerns” database, logging any issues found during testing and leading associated communication to ensure resolution of such issues.
• Managing and coordinating the supplier delivery of correct level hardware and software to match rig, vehicle and engine program requirements.
• Demonstrating through validation testing that system/features meet all specified requirements and providing input to Sign-Off Summary reports
• Supporting the development of quality and validation processes and the sales teams in the development of marketing opportunities
To be considered for this varied and challenging role it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least degree level or above in a relevant automotive, mechanical or aerospace related discipline and will demonstrate at least 3 years’ previous experience of working within a project delivery position within a systems engineering environment.
You will be highly skilled in the creation and presentation of technical reports, with exposure to electric motor / inverter test and development experience and skills in the use of MATLAB, INCA and ATLAS proving distinctly advantageous. Additionally, you will demonstrate a strong automotive engineering background and a track record in successfully delivering projects within a controls and electronic environment, with exceptional communication skills at all levels and a proactive and self-motivated approach to your work.