Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Description: Organised and proactive Contract Supervisor required for a busy maintenance environment within a fast paced distribution hub.
Salary: c£38k + generous benefits + 25 days’ holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + 5% matched pension contribution scheme
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit an organised, proactive and self-motivated Contract Manager to complement their existing professional team.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, the Contract Manager role oversees the activities of a team of site engineers and team leaders within a busy maintenance and site support environment, and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customer, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional Contract Manager to ensure a range of materials handling equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Working as part of the on-site support team in Worksop and liaising closely with internal and external customers across the business, the successful candidate will provide the Supervisory responsibility for the shift Team Leaders, Site Engineers and Assistants, as well as administrating the planning and administrative duties for the site engineering teams, with the position demanding a flexible and organized approach to all duties that will be performed with H&S as the primary consideration.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include:
- Managing the site engineering team and provide feedback to the site residential Manager
- Provide Customer support excellence services through the site team of engineers.
- Achieve required standards of performance relating to customer satisfaction and technical performance as well as associated site based financial targets
- The provision of driver training in accordance with ITSSAR standards.
- Strategic development and control of all training plans for support personnel, including all core training required to carry out the jobs on site, and providing training and guidance to all staff to maintain and develop relevant skill levels.
- To ensure that support staff comply with the current Safe system of work procedures and that all staff adhere to relevant H&S requirements, ensuring all staff are briefed on all matters including toolbox talks and to ensure manning levels are maintained by obtaining cover if required.
- Ensuring the provision of round-the-clock customer support.
- Responsibility for all quality management systems on site including ISO 9001
- Responsibility for the provisions of ordering spare parts and account management for customers as required and for monitoring KPI’s on site.
- Delivering annual appraisals and managing contractors and work permits
Other duties will include overseeing the shift performance within a busy distribution centre environment, and updating manning sheets and the Skills Matrix for each shift.