Description: Experienced (primarily analogue) Senior Hardware Engineer required for our prestigious niche market client offering an exciting and innovative product portfolio and excellent opportunity to progress.
Salary: to c£50k neg dep exp
Reporting directly to the CTO and based out of prestigious offices in the North West, the Senior Hardware Engineer will be responsible for leading the development of new electronic hardware and associated firmware in support of the company’s ongoing R&D of electroacoustic platforms, production test systems and, where needed, customer end-product designs - taking responsibility for their specification and engineering through to final commissioning, testing, validation and the creation of associated documentation.
• Hardware engineering, involving analogue, mixed signal and digital electronics, as well as supporting firmware, with responsibilities extending to Requirements capture, DFM, Commissioning and Testing, Validation and Documentation creation
• Developing hardware that supports the company’s ongoing R&D of new electroacoustic platforms, including the development of hardware for production test systems and for customer end products, that where needed, incorporate proprietary audio IP and/or components
• Supporting the development and validation of new silicon components, which incorporate proprietary audio IP
• Responding to internal requests for support involving electronics and firmware
• Trouble shooting internal and customer-originated electronic and firmware designs
• Contributing to the development and maintenance of corporate knowledge, with emphasis on electronic engineering
• Supporting the preparation and prosecution of patent applications involving company- developed electronics and firmware
• Contributing to TQM and continuous process improvement initiatives
To be considered for this varied and challenging Senior Hardware Engineer role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate extensive experience gained in primarily analogue hardware design with additional exposure to mixed-signal and digital applications and proven Firmware and software engineering experience. You will be skilled in component selection, with additional abilities in optimising for both functionality and cost.
Ideally you will possess skills and experience in both analogue and digital signal processing applications, along with Board layout experience in both optimisation and placement and EMI. You will additionally demonstrate previous experience gained in the use of electronic design tools such as Altium and Matlab and proven “technical authoring” abilities in the creation and maintenance of associated documentation, with embedded software experience proving distinctly advantageous.