Location: East Midlands Airport - Castle Donington
Description: Multi Skilled Junior Assistant Maintenance Engineer required for a structured career progression opportunity within a busy automated materials handling environment.
Salary: to c£23500 + overtime + benefits
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of materials handling solutions, and as a result of an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a number of Assistant Engineers to join their existing established engineering team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis, and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a number of similarly committed and highly professional junior maintenance engineers to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands. Reporting to the Site Engineering Team Leader, core responsibilities for these Assistant Engineers will include:
• Recovering errors on all automated systems including conveyors and sortation equipment
• Working as part of a team carrying out basic proactive planned preventative and reactive breakdown maintenance activities.
• Assisting engineers with fault finding and operational support activities
• Supporting activities with company products and systems in response to customer requirements.
• Adhering to the various quality, KPI and Continuous Improvement reporting systems.
• Following escalation procedures
• Adhering to all health and Safety requirements.
• Able to work on a 12 hour rotating shift basis
It is envisaged that successful candidates will be qualified to at least C&G level or above in a relevant engineering or technical discipline and demonstrate at least 1 year of experience gained within a technical commercial environment.
ESSENTIALLY, you will also either currently hold or be able to attain an Airside Security Pass.
These are exceptional opportunities for enthusiastic and self-motivated junior engineers to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated conveyor and sortation systems that handle more than 600,000 shipments per day and to join an established and successful team within a modern working environment along with excellent development opportunities, mapped career progression path and excellent remuneration package being available.