Description: Multi skilled shift maintenance engineer required to undertake PPM and reactive breakdown maintenance within a busy automated warehouse and distribution centre environment.
Salary: £39,684 increasing to £44,684 after probation period + generous benefits + overtime
Our client is recognised as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and a planned programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a multi discipline shift maintenance professional to complement their established and successful existing team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis and the shift pattern is 7 on – 7 off rotating 12 hour shifts, and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team member to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Core responsibilities for this multi skilled, site based, rotating shift (including days, nights and weekend patterns) maintenance position will include:
- Reacting to MHe breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to will find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required and be able to analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning programme.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated systems.
To be considered for this exciting and varied position you will demonstrate relevant recognised electrical engineering qualifications (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent), previous electrical experience gained within an FMCG environment, good all round technical abilities relating to automation hardware and software and demonstrable experience of PPM and reactive maintenance working both autonomously and as part of a team, with additional experience of undertaking basic fault find, modification and debug on PLC’s proving distinctly advantageous.
In return, a mapped career progression path and excellent remuneration package are available.