Description: Enthusiastic and well organised Sales Ledger Clerk required to work 20 hrs per week within a busy manufacturing finance office.
Salary: c£20k pro rata per annum plus benefits
Sales Ledger Clerk
Warwickshire / West Midlands Border
to c£20k pro rata – 20 hours per week
Our client has been established for more than a century and are renowned globally as a market leader in their specialist field. As a result of continued success they are urgently seeking to recruit a highly self-motivated, proactive and dynamic Sales Ledger Clerk to work on a 20 hours per week basis (to suit the candidate rather than set times) within a dedicated fast paced niche sector production facility.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring that invoices are raised in an accurate and timely manner, and monitoring payments from customers as well as ensuring that outstanding payments are collected and administered in a timely manner and that arrears are dealt with in accordance with company policy.
Other duties will include:
- Generating and processing invoices and credit notes to ensure effective credit control and cash management and in accordance with standard procedures
- Preparing sales ledger reconciliations to ensure that transactions are accurately processed and recorded.
- Preparing and analysing records of invoices and credit notes to assist in financial and management accountancy.
- Recording all transactions to ensure that up-to-date and accurate records are maintained.
- Dealing with customer and supplier invoice queries in a sensitive and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that the sales ledger function provides a high quality service to internal and external stakeholders `
- Liaising with customers as required to minimise the occurrence of problem debt as well as with other colleagues to ensure that anomalies are investigated/queries dealt with in a timely manner
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, you will essentially demonstrate proven ability in using Finance software (preferably Pegasus Opera) and previous experience of working in a high volume sales ledger / accounts receivable environment. You will hold recognised bookkeeping, credit control or customer services qualifications and possess previous collections / credit control experience. Essentially you will demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels along with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work in team oriented environment, with the ability to prioritise and organise workload, multi-task, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines whilst maintain confidentiality at all times.