Description: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer required to undertake PPM and reactive maintenance activities within a busy automated warehouse and distribution centre environment.
Salary: £32,000 plus overtime and generous pension / benefits
(Monday to Friday – permanent “days”)
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic multi discipline maintenance engineer professional to complement their existing team and work on a range of handling systems and facilities maintenance work within a busy distribution centre environment based in Leeds.
Working on a permanent day’s basis (Monday to Friday – 8am to 4pm), the company prides itself on the high quality service it provides to it’s customers across the country, and it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team member to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Core responsibilities for this site facilities position will include:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated pallet handling, conveyor and shuttle racking equipment although experience of automated cranes and MHE systems will also prove advantageous for the future
- Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the computerised CMMS system to monitor site activity
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of an array of automated materials handling systems that handle thousands of pallets per month. To be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification, a strong electrical multi skilled background, experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team.
In return, a mapped career progression path and excellent remuneration package are available.