Location: South West of England - full relocation package available
Description: Armament Systems professional required for globally renowned aerospace client.
Salary: £ Excellent - negotiable dependant upon experience + generous benefits package
Our client is a world renowned aerospace organisation with an enviable reputation in the development of innovative highest technology solutions to the aerospace sector. As a result of continued success and a planned programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and highly capable Avionic System Engineer (Armament) to complement their established and professional team working on a range of state-of-the-art technology projects.
Based in the South West of England, the successful candidate will be tasked with the definition, design, development, integration, testing, qualification, certification and in-service engineering support for Armament Systems for the portfolio of company products. The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of challenging activities that will include
- Conducting system architecture definition, design and analysis, requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification activities
- Preparing technical specifications and other project documentation and delivering presentations at technical design reviews
- Achieving interface definition and management
- Preparing test documentation and conducting integration testing and participating in aircraft trials, including off-site test Ranges as well as in the qualification of equipment and systems
- Approving designs and other engineering/technical output against requirements and conducting technical selection and management of external suppliers as required
You will be experienced in creating and editing systems documentation, e.g. Requirement Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Test Schedules/Reports, Safety Assessments, etc and will possess proven practical experience of Aircraft Armament System ground operations and of trials at test Ranges. Though not essential, experience of the integration, qualification and certification of the latest military Avionic Systems and familiarity with UK civil law controlling the licensing and storage of armament and explosives and experience of aerospace engineering and operations will prove distinctly advantageous for the position.