Description: Multi discipline, mechanically biased maintenance professional required to undertake a variety or PPM and reactive breakdown repair activities on an array of materials handling equipment including FLT's, "pump trucks" and crane systems.
Salary: £32k + overtime + generous benefits
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and a planned programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit an experienced multi discipline maintenance engineer to complement their established and successful existing team.
Whilst the site operates on a 24/7 basis, the role is for a permanent “Days” engineer – working on an 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday basis, and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional multi skilled, mechanically biased maintenance engineer member to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Core responsibilities for this site based permanent day’s maintenance position will include:
• Undertaking PPM and reactive breakdown repair activities on a range of equipment that includes fork lift trucks, “pump trucks”, automated and manual crane systems – specifically Maestro, Gondola and automated Miniload cranes and tote conveyor systems
• Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment
• Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
• Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
• Using the computerised system to monitor site activity
• Advising customers of any stock related issues
• Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
• Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of materials handling trucks, fully automated cranes and conveyor systems that handle more than 40,000 pallets per month. To be considered for this exciting and varied position you will demonstrate relevant recognized engineering qualifications, previous experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team. Additionally, experience of undertaking basic fault find, modification and debug on Siemen’s PLC’s will prove distinctly advantageous.